Backend Developer (Sr.)
About Housing Anywhere
We change the way people find accommodation around the world. Housing Anywhere is a housing platform where people can rent out rooms to international students. It originally started as a platform where outgoing exchange students can rent out their rooms when they go abroad. Incoming exchange students can rent these rooms. Nowadays, it's a global platform where demand & supply of rooms for international students meet each other.
- Build and maintain application of the platform
- Monitoring of application and services
- Managing, improving and supporting cloud infrastructure for HousingAnywhere platform
- Developing microservices for the platform
- Integrating with 3rd party tools
- Collaborating with QA and other engineering teams on developing and improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Delivering reliable and performing code
Our tech stack:
Currently, the platform is built mainly using Go (Golang) backed by a PostgreSQL database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. Other technologies and tools that we use are Jenkins, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Docker, NSQ, RabbitMQ, Prometheus, Stackdriver, Grafana, ReactJS, Redux, GraphQL, SASS, Webpack.
- Experience with Go and microservices in production-grade environments
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience with messaging platforms (e.g. NSQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform / Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and logging (e.g. Stackdriver, Prometheus)
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is a bonus, although actual experience is always preferred
- You have EU/EEA country passport/citizenship and/or unlimited work permission for The Netherlands. We can not consider candidates for which a work permit needs to be arranged.
Who you are:
- Proactive and open mindset
- Love coding and writing usable, performing and secure software
- Structured and well-organized
- Team player
- Able to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted for changed requirements in time
- Passion for new technologies
What we offer
- Salary that represents your experience
- Relocation package: we will pay for your VISA if you join us from abroad. In that case we will also reimburse 100% of your personal flight ticket, and 50% of the flight ticket(s) of potential family members that join
- Allowance to choose your own gear
- Agile, agile, agile. Flat hierarchy where your voice will be truly heard
- Opportunities to attend interesting training sessions and conferences
- High responsibility and big impact; changes to the website are visible to a global audience
- Support with finding suitable housing
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of 35 full time people and 12 different nationalities. We’re very fun to work with! And we’re very welcoming
- Friday company drinks !!!
- Cool office in the heart of Rotterdam
Help finding an apartment
Communication and all issues related to the position are curated by the recruitment partner of Housing Anywhere.
You have EU/EEA country passport/citizenship and/or unlimited work permission for The Netherlands. We can not consider candidates for which a work permit needs to be arranged.