Chemical Design Engineer
They are a rapidly growing $3.3 billion business with operations and business centers in 13 countries and over 22,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at their U.S. headquarters.
They pride themselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. They have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Responsible for developing and improving materials in high temperature sensors (Such as: metal/ceramic glass seals) for the automotive industry. Performing in-depth material analysis for detection of fail modes and developing component specifications.
Suitable candidate will have experience with metals, ceramics and/or glasses and will be involved in product development from new product idea, through development, all the way to manufacturing.
Actively participate in defining materials’ requirements for development of high temperature sensors;
Create materials design options, then propose solutions based on analysis;
Design and define materials requirements and study and analyze existing sensing elements;
Tests materials to assess their properties with respect to the product specifications;
Communicate with customers, as needed, to insure clarity of the information supplied for design purposes;
Perform root cause analysis to solve issues.
- PhD or Master technical education level in materials engineering, chemistry or similar.
- Strong background in materials and fabrication methods with 2-3+ years of experience in the area of product design or R&D with a focus on metals and ceramic glass materials;
- Experience with stress/thermal analysis, deep understanding of glasses, ceramics, metals, and analysis techniques;
- Demonstration of structured problem solving and creative mindset;
- Fluent English (verbal and written);
- Appreciation of the automotive market and sensor products.
- PhD or R&D experience in the field of glasses and ceramics will be benefitial.
• Challenging international projects within various global teams
• Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, customized technical trainings and certification
• Committees by interests and culture activities
• Healthy work environment – medical insurance and sport cards
• Corporate social responsibility (CSR programs).
• Corporate events and team buildings