Who are we?
An agri-food-tech start-up that is developing and delivering a prediction service, powered by sensor data and Artificial Intelligence, to soft fruit (strawberries) growers. We aim to better inform soft fruit growers about how much they are most likely to produce 1-4 weeks ahead. Since soft fruit is usually sold in advance, an accurate and timely prediction has a huge benefit on getting a better price for the actual entire volume produced. We have recently secured funding to work towards a commercially viable product and have strong growth targets for 2021-2022 and are looking for an expansion of our team.
What will you do?
You will be part of a small (6-8) multi-disciplined development team with hardware experts (working on our smart crop cam), fellow data & machine learning experts (who laid the groundwork on our first models) and front-end developers (building our customer tailored dashboards).
Together with your team members you will have an important role in structuring and implementing the ML roadmap in accordance with our business plan. Besides setting out the ML goals you will also play a crucial role in realizing them. This means you will also have to get your hands dirty in the rigorous and structural improvement of our machine and deep learning models that generate real time predictions for our growers.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is willing and capable of bringing our start-up to the next level with his/her skills.
- A senior Machine Learning / data scientist professional (5 years+)
- Working cross-team and cross-project with Scrum/Agile is a second nature to you.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, 3+ years hands-on Python experience in commercial project
- Strong communicator, passionate about the field and our project, able to bring concepts and results clearly across to both the team and multiple stakeholders.
- Solid experience with open source big data technologies and platforms (e.g. sci-kit learn, tensorflow / pyton, MLFlow, Hadoop & Spark).
- Experience in Computer Vision is preferred.
- Experience working with cloud solutions like AWS, GCP or Azure is a must.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Availability. Hours per week: (near) fulltime (32-40/ week)
- A challenging and crucial position for our solution in a dynamic start up.
- An ambitious and enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team dedicated to solving a real-world challenge in an innovative way. - With this solution we have the potential to have a huge impact on the (soft) fruit industry.
- A competitive salary
- Possibilities to participate as a shareholder after a mutually agreed trial period, if desired, is negotiable.
- Lunch during office days
- Flexibility in working at home and office*
*) Our offices are based in Eindhoven and Amsterdam. You are flexible to work from home, but we have some structural working days together at the office.