Java Engineer (Sr.)
FinLeap is a Fintech company builder based in Berlin. We are active in more than ten countries. Together with our passionate co-founders, we launch several startups per year. We provide up to five million Euros in seed funding, access to a strong investor network and top talent, an integrated development platform and best practice processes.
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of our backend services and complex core application
- You work with cutting edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- You lead by example and evaluate different approaches and methodologies in development
- You continuously improve productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- You collaborate with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- You share your knowledge and experience with the team
- You work directly with the CTO
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years experience in backend development
- University degree holder in computer science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international start-up environment
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
- Constantly stays on top of current tech industry trends
- You have EU/EEA country passport/citizenship and/or unlimited work permission for Germany. We can not consider candidates for which a work permit needs to be arranged.
Will be a plus
- Experience in IT Security is a big plus
- Experience with data processing technologies (Spark, Storm, Samza) and cloud providers (AWS, ProfitBricks)
- Experience with REST, NoSQL databases, Scala, TDD/BDD and CI/CD
Communication and all issues related to the position are curated by the recruitment partner of FinLeap.
You have EU/EEA country passport/citizenship and/or unlimited work permission for Germany. We can not consider candidates for which a work permit needs to be arranged.