Software Engineer - BOTS and AI
Today, thanks to our dedicated team, we got closer to our very ambitious objective. We rapidly became a leading provider of mobile and online messaging, enabling meaningful connections between brands and consumers. our cutting edge, cloud-based platform, empowers people to connect, communicate and message their favourite brands faster and easier - just as they do with friends and family really. We are effectively effecting millions of users and people globally.
The company also looks into, and provides, interesting insights and powerful intelligence to accelerate the performance of brands and companies on an international level. These businesses we service, are driving forward their digital communication and substantially improving interactions through our awesome platform. Through this, we are effecting billions of people, making connections easier and faster for the benefit of all.
Our team in Mannheim is relatively small in size, but its importance in the organisation is huge and, of the essence. Internally, it is considered as the innovative Engineering Powerhouse where innovative solutions take life. Our leaders are 2 young but seasoned professionals in their areas who really understand the importance of maintaining a good positive culture in the organization. They take this seriously. Some of our near future plans include innovative cutting edge solutions for Digital Engagement including messaging, bots and applied AI to continue improving the communication between consumers and brands. We try to disrupt and take change as a constant approach to better our possibilities in a team effort.
Join the revolution and work on one of the biggest OpenStack clouds in the world. We will give you the opportunity to shape the future of the organisation and design your career. Your voice is heard and taken into serious consideration.
What will you own?
- Critically assess from a technical perspective how AI capabilities and cognitive services can best be leveraged as a part of our Messaging Platform.
- Contribute to the development of conversational AI capabilities offered by our platform, including but not limited to IBM Watson Virtual Agent.
- Participate in high-level design workshops and help stretch what is technically feasible to deliver best possible solutions. Your views are welcome and very important here.
What do you need for success?
Note: German nationals ONLY!
- Ideally you should possess a solid tech qualification, such as a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. Alternatively, a related technical field of study
- Good English communication skills are crucially important for you to communicate with our diverse international team. In connection with this, to succeed in this role, you'll work well with others and aim to achieve common goals. It’s important that you build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness
- You should know your ways around agile-oriented software development methodologies.
- Expert knowledge in front-end technologies combined with the ability to implement server-side services using Java, NodeJS.
- Experience with containers and management platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in the field of bots, applied AI, Natural Language Understanding and related fields.
- A curious approach and a true desire to learn emerging technologies and keep up with latest frameworks and APIs.
Aspects that matter to us:
- One of our leadership principles is to give a great amount of empowerment to our team and so we expect all applicants to be capable of working independently in their role.
- Take responsibility/accountability for their own work.
- Positive energy and willingness to succeed: You need to be driven and really enjoy what you do. We do! We achieve our targets and love celebrating them!
- Willingness to learn new emerging technologies and keep up to date with the latest frameworks and APIs is also an important aspect in the ideal candidates we are looking to recruit.
- If you can do this master this and show this you should have a smooth ride to blend well with the team
If you are looking for an awesome challenge in today’s highly competitive job market, use this opportunity and accelerate with a company coined by creativity, fun, and enthusiastic culture with freedom to own ideas.
Some of our benefits include:
- Above average salary
- Flexible working hours
- Extended off-days entitlements
- A people centered leadership with a great focus on freedom and responsibility
- Remote working possibilities
- A fully-fledged, top of the range, tech tool-kit (Enterprise GitHub and others)
- A fair performance related bonus
- Modern work station including Apple tools or equivalent plus more
- A playful, but quiet open office atmosphere in the city centre
- Peer to peer knowledge sharing development opportunities with our TelAviv counterparts
- Career growth possibilities in various areas
- Interesting surprises on a regular basis and other people programmes in the making
Of course, we do have the usual free fruit, soda and coffee (and team bonding events), but we give a great deal of importance in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage it and take it seriously.